Since man has existed on this earth he has been drawn to smoking tobacco in one form or another. In this day and age we now know that smoking tobacco is dangerous to our health...yet we still do it (some in copious amounts per day). The list of additives and chemicals found in your typical tobacco product is endless and absurd especially when compared to that of a vaping product. To understand the difference and why you should switch keep reading.
Vaping vs Smoking: (Tar)
A HUGE factor in this equation is tar. Zero tar is present in vapor whereas smoking a cigarette will produce tar with every puff. If you were to blow cigarette smoke out on a napkin it will turn yellow instantly, where as with vapor it will remain white. This is because of the tar!! This should tell you what cigarettes are doing to the inside of our lungs.
Vaping vs Smoking: (Cost)
There are many excuses people have for not switching to vaping and quitting cigarettes, the most common we hear in the Houston Heights at Vape HQ is the cost. They will say things like they can’t afford all the vape gear to help them quit...but let’s do the math.
A pack of cigarettes costs almost $10 which brings the price of smoking a pack a day for a year to upwards of $3600 a YEAR. You could buy a full set up and juice for a year for les than $500. The price of juice varies greatly but $15 could buy you a bottle that will last you couple of weeks. Of course depending on how often you vape and what kind of juice you are buying this could vary. You Could SAVE upwards of $60 per week after switching over to e-cigs from cigarettes!
Vaping vs Smoking: (Unknown Chemicals)
Chemicals in a Cigarette…
Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. This includes nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT. Here is a more exhaustive yet incomplete list. Keep in mind the list goes even further.
- Ammonia: Household cleaner
- Angelica root extract: Known to cause cancer in animals
- Arsenic: Used in rat poisons
- Benzene: Used in making dyes, synthetic rubber
- Butane: Gas; used in lighter fluid
- Carbon monoxide: Poisonous gas
- Cadmium: Used in batteries
- Cyanide: Deadly poison
- DDT: A banned insecticide
- Ethyl Furoate: Causes liver damage in animals
- Lead: Poisonous in high doses
- Formaldehyde: Used to preserve dead specimens
- Methoprene: Insecticide
- Megastigmatrienone: Chemical naturally found in grapefruit juice
- Maltitol: Sweetener for diabetics
- Naphthalene: Ingredient in mothballs
- Fungicides and pesticides: Cause many types of cancers and birth defects.
- Cadmium: Linked to lung and prostate cancer.
- Benzene: Linked to leukemia.
- Formaldehyde: Linked to lung cancer.
- Nickel: Causes increased susceptibility to lung infections.
- Methyl Isocyanate: Its accidental release killed 2,000 people in Bhopal, India
- Polonium: Cancer-causing radioactive element also used in the “Fat Man” implosion type nuclear warhead used on Nagasaki
- The list goes on. . .
- Glycerin – Found naturally in vegetables
- Propylene Glycol – Used commonly in asthma inhalers
- Nicotine – A stimulant
- Food Grade Flavoring – Used in many foods
There are only four main ingredients in every bottle of e-juice. The first one being glycerin which is an organic compound found in vegetables. The second ingredient is propylene glycol, a substance found in asthma inhalers. Next there is food grade flavoring, which actually gives the juice its distinct taste. Last but not least is nicotine, which is actually not a carcinogen, although it can be highly addictive. Because of this, many juices are also available without any nicotine in them.
Vaping is a far safer and much healthier alternative to traditional smoking, in our opinion. In addition, vaping has been proven time and time again to be one of the most effective devices for quting smoking.
Not only is vaping a healthier alternative but it is cheaper and less harmful to others. If you really compare apples to apples why haven't you switched yet? Come on in to Vape HQ and we will help you make some decisions and get you on track to a healthier lifestyle.